WINDSOR CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – GORDON SETTER
Thank you to the exhibitors for a quality entry of Gordons. On the whole I found a greater depth of quality in the Bitch classes and was pleased with all of my winners. I was looking for a balanced dog of correct size with a ‘brick on brick’ head, moderate body length, well bent stifles, plenty of drive from the rear with topline and level tail held on the move, with clearly defined rich tan markings. Some exhibits did not move as well today as I have seen them do in the past and unfortunately lost out because of it.
Veteran Dog or Bitch (5, 2 Abs)
- Roberts & Watson SH CH KYUNA COLOUR OF MAGIC. 8 ½ yrs B. Sweet, feminine expression, darkest of eyes, strong neck into well laid shoulders, good depth of chest, level topline, good muscle tone, correct markings, in lovely coat and condition. Moved really well driving frOm behind – can still show the youngsters how it’s done! RCC
- Marsh KILNRAE LIL BLACK NUMBER. 10 ½ yrs B. I preferred the head shape of 1, but this bitch still has what it takes. Dark eyes, level topline, good bend of stifle, clear tan markings, in lovely coat & condition, just starting to show her age on the move.
- Sandiford SH CH KEJAJAKE SAPPHIRE OF HERNWOOD.
- Mitchell ROYDACK RUBY HIDDEN GEM OF BROBRUICK. 11 mths, strong head, dark eyes, clean neck leading into correct shoulder placement, level topline, clear tan markings, moved with drive, if a little proud of his tail today. Should have a promising future. BPD & BP.
- Mitchell ROYDACK RUBY HIDDEN GEM OF BROBRUICK.
- Melville TRUSHNOVA TUMNUS. Just out of puppy and giving his handler a hard time! Well planed head, good reach of neck, level topline, excellent bend of stifle, correct markings, moved OK when settled.
- Wrigley KATTANDALE CANTERBURY (AI)
Yearling (5, 1 Abs)
- Glaysher AMSCOT ROYAL PURPLE OF BILLINGHAM. Mature boy, strong head of correct proportions, deep chest, good lay of shoulder, level topline, lovely bend of stifle, correct markings, moved with drive.
- Justice & Ford LIRIC FUSILIER WITH SHILLAY. Another very nice dog, but just lacking the maturity of 1. Dark eyes, lovely head proportions, longer in body than 1, correct tan markings, moved with drive, but tail carriage a little high.
- Melville TRUSHNOVA TUMNUS.
Post Graduate (8, 2 Abs)
- Ashton FORESTERS XCALIBUR OF DARKMOOR MIT GADIEBURN(Imp). Mature male with well proportioned head, deep chest, good lay of shoulder, level topline, good bend of stifle, correct tan markings, in lovely coat and condition, tail and topline held level on move, driving from the rear.
- Gregg LAURELHACH YARRA. Longer in foreface and body than 1, correct tan markings, good bend of stifle, moved well holding his topline.
- Hall MELVIEW MOVING TIME.
- Butler YENNADON LOCHAN AT RUBYMOON JW ShCM. Compact, balanced dog, well-proportioned head, good reach of neck leading into well placed shoulders and deep chest, level topline, good bend of stifle, well muscled, moved with drive.
- Robson LIRIC FOR YOUR EYES ONLY BY YOHENOAK JW. Very stylish dog, dark eyes, level topline, correct markings, not quite the bend of stifle of 1 and a little proud of his tail on the move.
- Bryant MUCKYPUPS D’ARTAGNAN JW ShCM.
Open (6, 1 Abs)
An excellent class of extremely good dogs – I could have done with more 1st places!
- Alcorn, Baddely & Crowther SH CH LOURDACE FULCRUM JW. So much has already been written about this dog so I’m at a loss as to what I can add! He oozes breed type and quality, brick-on-brick head, lovely strong neck into deep chest and excellent lay of shoulder, level topline, correct tail set and markings, driving rear movement, shown in superb coat and condition and handled as ever to perfection. DCC, BOB & Group 3.
- Michalak SH CH KYUNA CALYPSO. Very unlucky to come up against 1 today. Compact, workman-like dog of correct size, masculine head without coarseness, good lay of shoulder, level topline, superb bend of stifle, well-muscled, moved with drive and enthusiasm. RCC.
- Ivaldi MULTI CH LUDSTAR FREDERICK FRANKENSTEIN.
Good Citizen Dog or Bitch (2)
- Upton & Upton-Lovett ROYDACK LOVES A BLAZIN. Very elegant lady, dark eyes, pretty feminine head, level topline, good bend of stifle, moved with drive and enthusiasm from well-muscled hind quarters.
- Powell KIMGILEE MAORI SECRET. Very immature youngster, rather small for her age, dark eyes, level topline, lacking muscle tone which was reflected in her rear movement.
Minor Puppy (1)
- Slaughter CAIRACAILIE NIGHT OF LOVE WITH ORDETT. 8 mths old very sweet baby, lovely feminine head, dark eyes, excellent forehand assembly, level topline, correct tan markings, moved well. BPB.
- Slaughter CAIRACAILIE NIGHT OF LOVE WITH ORDETT.
- Mugford PENSYLWANIA BLACK LOFTY AT LYNWOOD (Imp Pol). 11 mths, lovely dark eyes, not as feminine in the head as 1, good lay of shoulder, level topline, good bend of stifle, moved OK.
- Upton & Upton-Lovett ROYDACK RUBY ROOBIE RUBI.
Junior (9, 1 Abs)
- Thomas GRAYLACIER CHARLIE’S ANGEL AT GLENDERYS. Very close decision between two very nice young ladies, both of whom show great promise. Correctly proportioned head, good lay of shoulder, good forechest, level topline, excellent bend of stifle, well off for coat, moved well.
- Justice LIRIC NOSTALGIA. All the good points of 1, but just not as much forechest and not as mature or in such full coat. Unfortunate to meet 1 today but I am sure she has a bright future and these girls will change places many times.
- Inger & Glover JALWENA JUNIPER TREE.
Yearling (11, 2 Abs)
- Justice LIRIC NOSTALGIA.
- Mawby BURROUGHTOF STAR SYMPHONY. Very well put together young lady, feminine head, dark eyes, good lay of shoulder, level topline, superb bend of stifle, moved well, would prefer a clearer tan.
- Palliser LIGNUM WHIRLWIND JW.
Post Graduate (5)
- Ackerley-Kemp YENNADON REIVER. Hard to split these two quality ladies. Well proportioned feminine head, dark eyes, compact and balanced body shape, level topline, good bend of stifle, positive, driving movement.
- Thomas CHARTAN TREACLE TART. Another quality bitch with all the positive attributes of 1, but today her movement wasn’t as positive as 1. I am sure these 2 will swap places many times, a credit to their owners.
- Williams LONGROW DANCING QUEEN.
Limit (7,1 Abs)
- Boxall LAURELHACH ENTRAPMENT JW. Very striking bitch, feminine head with dark eyes, excellent lay of shoulder, deep in chest, level topline, good bend of stifle, correct markings, flowed around the ring. Pushed hard for RCC.
- Ackerley-Kemp YENNADON LEXIE. Compact, balanced bitch, darkest of eyes, feminine head, level topline, superb bend of stifle, moved with drive.
- Smith GLENKINCHIE SOUL STAR.
Open (6, 2 Abs)
- Frew SH CH DUNFIONN RYSA JW. I first judged this girl as a puppy and am not disappointed to see she has matured into a lovely example of what a Gorodn bitch should look like. Correctly proportioned and balanced in every way, brick on brick head, dark eyes, deep in chest, level topline, excellent bend of stifle, correct tan markings, moved steadily, driving from the rear. Not exaggerated in any way, pleased to award her BCC.
- Ackerley-Kemp YENNADON MALLIN. Another quality bitch, correctly proportioned head, eyes not as dark as 1, good lay of shoulder, level topline, good bend of stifle, moved well, would prefer a clearer tan.
- Thomas CHARTAN HERMOINE GRAINGER.