General Data Protection Regulation regarding personal data ‘GDPR’ came into law on 25th May 2018. GDPR is designed to protect your personal data.
GPDR Legislation requires us to inform you of the personal data we retain and use to manage the Gordon Setter Association membership, judges lists and dog shows. In addition, you have the right to inspect and/or have any personal data that we hold removed from our records.
You can request to see or delete any or all of your personal data by emailing/writing to the Secretary.
Who do we collect data from?
- Members/Dog Show Exhibitors
- Ring Stewards
- Contacts made via the Website
What personal data we retain?
- Your name
- Your email address (if supplied)
- Your address
- Amount(s) of fees paid. (Membership, Entry fees, Sponsorships/Donations)
- Your dog(s) Kennel Club registered name(s)
Why do we collect this data?
- To provide membership services
- To comply with KC rules and regulations
- Publication of BGSC yearbooks and newsletters.
- Publication of judge lists.
- Publication of show catalogues via reputable third parties e.g. Fossedata.
Where do we store this data?
Collected Information is kept and managed by both the Treasurer and the Secretary on spread sheets held on password protected personal computers. Data is also held on secure backups. No data is stored outside of the European Union.
Communication to the membership is via surface mail, email – for those whose email addresses we hold, also on the BGSC website and associated Facebook pages.
We never have, nor will we ever sell or exchange your personal data without your permission.
Should you have any questions about the BGSC and GDPR please contact the secretary via email or surface mail.